Running since: Started sometime around 2008/2009.
First race ever (date, place, time): GutsMuths-Rennsteiglauf 72,5 km // 17.05.2014 // AK M40: 189 // 8:54 h
Why did you start running: Various reasons. Mainly to change my habits. To become a healthier and clearer version of myself than I was the years prior.
Your best race ever: Depends on how one wants to define „best“. I would not go for “best“ as in finishing time. But rather: experience. Hence: Transylvania One Hundred (100 k (ROU)), NUTS Pallas (134 k (FIN)) and Persenk Ultra (160 k (BUL)) for each of those took me way beyond my own physical and mental limits.
Favorite race event: Bleilochlauf (GER) – Because this one has all I wish for from a race event. Superb organization, beautiful landscape / course and the most badass, honest, good and cordial people ever. Plus superb hang-out and meeting friends from all over.
The good (about running): Almost everything.
The bad (about running): Almost nothing.
The ugly (about running): Feet (no further explanation).
Your favorite Willpower item: Classic: „Run til Death“ T-shirt. „Run down Racism“ T-shirt.
Top5 Running Songs:
- Rollins Band – Illumination
- We Were Promised Jetpacks – It’s thunder and it’s lightning
- NIN – We’re in this together
- Modern English – I melt with you (or Bangles – Hazy Shade of Winter)
- DIE ANTWOORD – Fok Julle Naaiers
Top5 Ever Songs:
(Reducing to 5 is quite the challenge – anyways, these here held up throughout the years)
- Sonic Youth – Eric’s Trip
- Jane’s Addiction – Mountain Song
- Lou Reed – Romeo had Juliet
- The Psychedelic Furs – Pretty in Pink
- Springsteen – Thunder Road
Favorite Pre-Race meal: Food (non specific as long as it’s plant-based).
Favorite Post-Race meal: Same as above.
Running Mantra or favorite quote: "In it for the long run." – Self